Whether or not you are an art student who needs…
This project consists of two modules. Fist one is bidirectional Person counter and second is Password operated Lock Main concept behind this project is to measure and display the number of persons entering in any room like seminar hall, conference room. LCD display placed outside the room displays this value. And when number of persons inside the room are zero, power supply inside the room can be cut using a relay interface. Second part of project serves the functionality of a door-latch opening using a password entered through keypad. As well as sending this data to a computer through serial port. This module also turn on buzzer if 3 wrong passowords are entered consequently. User can change this password anytime he/she wish using a keypad.
Thus this project serves two important objectives:
1) Power Saver / Energy saving: It is done by counting the number of persons inside any room and when count is zero, lights are turned off. Two pairs of IR transmitter and receiver are used for counting.
2) Keyless entry to home/office: Many times we forget to carry keys of our office or home. Or sometime key is lost or can be duplicated. So we have designed Password detector circuit which opens a door latch when correct password is entered using Keypad
Description in detail:
It mainly consist of following blocks:
1. Transmitter: We are going to implement the Person counter module using a 2 transmitters and 2 receivers. We are going to use Infra-Red transmitters because infrared beams are not visible to human eyes. Transmitter used are IR LEDs
2. Receiver: We are going to use a Infrared receiver. It is a active low device which means it gives low output when it receives the Infrared rays.
3. Microcontroller: This is the CPU (central processing unit) of our project. We are going to use a microcontroller of 8051 family. The various functions of microcontroller are like:
I. Reading the digital input from two infrared receivers and calculate the number of persons from them. II. Sending this data to LCD so that the person operating this project should read the number of persons inside the room. III. Sensing the password using keypad and to check whether it is a correct password or a wrong password and rotate the stepper motor if the password entered is a correct password. IV. Sending the data to the computer using serial port. This data consist of number of persons inside the room and the status of entered password (Correct/wrong)
4. LCD: We are going to use 16×2 alphanumeric Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) which means it can display alphabets along with numbers on 2 lines each containing 16 characters.
5. PC Interfacing: We are going to use max 232 IC for pc interfacing, the values of number of persons inside the room and the status of entered password (Correct/wrong) will be sent to pc.
6. Keypad: User will enter the password using the keypad. Various keys of keypad are as following:
I. 0 to 9
Applications and Advantages:
1. Can be used in various rooms like seminar hall, conference room, and study rooms in college where the capacity of room is limited and should not be exceeded. So the project will display the actual number of persons inside the room.
2. The other part of the project (password detector) can be used to automate the door locking process, so the user need not to carry the door lock keys along with him, he can just remember the password and use it later to open the door
1. We can send this data to a remote location using mobile or internet
2. We can implement other related modules like fire sensor, wind sensor.
3. We can add the module of voice alarm system to indicate that the room is full and persons can?t enter inside.